Please read our Terms of Use.

September 09, 2016

Grand Prince Monomakh's Cap

(Also shared at the PlumbBob Keep)
One of the coronation crowns of the Tsars, a cap made for Vladimir II Monomakh, Grand Prince of Kievan Rus.  photo 3_zpse4diprsw.png

I had seen this as I was drooling over .... er, I mean viewing some of the 3d models at TurboSquid. During this messy moment, I came across the cap immediately thinking I had to have it. But then I saw it contained over 3 million polygons.
WHOA!
Then I had to google about the crown to see other images where, low and behold, someone had made it for TS4. Well, if someone can make it for that game I thought I could make it for TS2. So I did. Well, my version of it anyways! And it's only about a 6k polycount.

Wearable by both sexes, child to elder, it comes in 2 versions. One is topped by the cross as per the real McCoy. A second one is for those people that would prefer not having the religious connotation, so it is topped by a set of pearls. You can have both in your game, however. They both use the same texture. Only one! I know. Unheard of for me!
 photo 1_zpsjcyxo8rf.png

 photo 2_zpsehqqpoww.png

 photo 62feb330-c9b0-4e81-a135-9d6adc5648a5_zpsem9oloec.png
 photo ddc93a59-9185-4cd5-a342-9d50cd7f182a_zpsnffp8efg.png

Grab Them Here!

Both contained in one zipfile. Delete the one you don't wish to keep.

2 comments:

ocelotekatl said...

My Accessories folder is already full to bursting with your wee hatties, but these are awesome and I must have them, my friend. Thank you!

morgaine2005 said...

How on earth did I miss this earlier? This looks lovely, Wawa, and I have the perfect use for it. Thank you!!